Ice Cream Cone Coffee Cupcakes
Can’t decide whether you fancy a cupcake or an ice cream? Have both with this fun recipe!
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the sponge
- 2 tbsp Camp Coffee
- 12 ice cream cup cones
- 175g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 175g butter
- 3 eggs, cracked into a separate bowl
- 175g self-raising white flour
For the icing
- ½ tsp Camp Coffee
- 125g butter
- 250g icing sugar
- 12 chocolate flakes (optional) or decoration of your choice
- A few drops of pink food colouring (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Carefully wrap the outer side of each ice cream cone in foil and stand in the dips of a muffin tin.
- 2. Cream together the sugar and the butter. Add the eggs slowly and beat well. Fold in the flour and Camp Coffee until combined.
- 3. Place a large spoonful into each cone; do not fill to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cupcakes bounce back when pressed. Remove the foil and leave to cool.
- 4. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the butter cream topping by mixing the icing sugar, butter, food colouring and Camp Coffee together until smooth.
- 5. Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes. Add a flake per ice cream cone and enjoy!