Dairy-Free Coffee Cake
This is a rich, moist cake that is completely egg free and dairy-free.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 53ml (3 tbsp) Camp Coffee
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 400g (14oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 475ml water
- 250ml (9oz) sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC / 350ᵒF/Gas Mark 4.
- 2. Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm tin.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- 4. Add the Camp Coffee, water, sunflower oil and vinegar, then beat by hand until smooth and pour into the prepared tin.
- 5. Bake for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
- 6. Optional serving suggestion - try frosting with a dairy-free icing and decorating with walnuts.