Camp Coffee Mince Pies
Festive and fruity, these are best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
20 minutes (10 mins to rest)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp Camp Coffee
- 500g (1lb 2oz) plain flour
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 800g mincemeat
- 375g (13oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°F/gas mark 7.
- 2. Place the flour and sugar with the butter in a bowl and rub together until it becomes a crumb consistency. Add the Camp Coffee and mix together. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and fold until the pastry comes together - be careful not to over mix. Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll out the pastry. Using a round cutter, cut out 24 bases and place them onto the trays. Put 1 tsp mincemeat into each base. Re-roll out the pastry to cut the lids or star shapes to top.
- 4. Bake the mince pies for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool slightly before releasing them from the trays and dusting with icing sugar. Serve warm.