Camp Coffee Iced Scones
A delicious addition to any tea break, these coffee-laced scones are easy-to-make and packed full of flavour.
Cook Time: 12 minutes
For the scones
- 225g self-raising flour, plus more for dusting
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 40g butter at room temperature
- 40g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40g raisins (optional)
For the icing
- 1 tbsp Camp Coffee
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C/425˚F/Gas Mark 7.
- 2. In a large bowl mix the flour, salt and baking power. Add the butter and combine with your fingers until the mix looks like fine crumbs. Stir in the caster sugar and raisins.
- 3. Make a well in the dry mix, then add the milk and combine so it forms a soft dough.
- 4. Roll the dough out on a floured work surface to about 2½ cm thick, and cut out 6 round scones.
- 5. Brush the tops with the beaten egg and then carefully place onto a baking tray.
- 6. Bake for 12 minutes until the scones have risen and are golden on the top.
- 7. For the icing, mix together the icing sugar, water and Camp Coffee. Drizzle over the cooked scones and serve.