Camp Coffee and Walnut Fudge
Spoil your friends and family with these rich coffee pieces.
Serves: 36 chunks
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 tbsp Camp Coffee
- 1 x 397g can condensed milk
- 450g demerara sugar
- 115g butter
- 100g walnut pieces
- 1. Place the condensed milk, demerara sugar, and butter into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. To see if it’s ready, drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Alternatively, check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (the fudge should be approximately 118°C).
- 3. Remove the fudge from the heat, add the Camp Coffee and walnuts and beat until it’s very thick and starting to set (this should take about 10 minutes).
- 4. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.