American Style Coffee Pancakes
These sweet coffee pancakes are easy to make and great for a weekend brunch.
Serves: 4 (2 pancakes each)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Camp Coffee
- 1 egg
- 225ml milk
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ tsp sugar
- Golden or maple syrup, butter and fruit to serve - optional
- 1. Pre-heat the oven on a low heat to keep the pancakes warm while you cook, unless you want to eat as you go.
- 2. In a bowl, beat together the egg, milk and Camp Coffee.
- 3. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar. Keep whisking until just combined. The batter should have some small to medium lumps.
- 4. Heat up your frying pan over medium to low heat and add a little butter or oil to stop the pancakes from sticking.
- 5. Spoon out a portion of the batter into a pan. The mixture will make 8 pancakes, so you can cook 2 or 3 at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- 6. Cook until bubbles form along the sides and in the centre of the pancakes, then flip them over and cook on the opposite side until they are golden brown.
- 7. Transfer the pancakes to the oven until you've gone through all the batter. Serve with syrup, fruit and a knob of butter.